Nov 28, 2016

Tokyoite

When you arrive at Tokyo, Maybe you notice that people around you looks distant behavior.
Even though you met somebody's eyes, you ignored, no greeting. And never say the words even if someone bumped against you in the crowd. In Tokyo, we have no custom to strike up a conversation with stranger that makes our things not going as well as you thought.  Not only the westerners takes it stressful about that but also the Tokyoite like me feels stressful too.

I already accustomed the American way of life that I just hated those who acted like that.
When I was younger, I wanted to make them change such a socially awkward behavior that why I tried to strike up a conversation with stranger in public in order to change the Tokyoite. Unfortunately,  I couldn't make it because many people regards me as a kind of suspicious character. Eventually I closed my mind.

People in Osaka which is the second biggest city in the western part of Japan are not conservative unlike people in Tokyo. They are very friendly even if they don't know each other and has sense of humor. They always thinking make someone laugh when they make a conversation. It's an amazing culture! If you visit to Osaka, definitely you would feel comfortable at there. Although Tokyo and Osaka both city are in the same country, apparently the culture between Tokyo and Osaka are different.

However, maybe we are socially awkward as a first impression, but the people who looks conservative are actually very friendly when they open up their mind, we positively help someone those who needs help and we are very polite to others. I think that because we are being proud of descendants of Samurai warriors.


No comments:

Post a Comment