Oct 29, 2017

Keio University Hiyoshi Campus / Hiyoshi, Yokohama


Keio University was established in 1858 is the oldest University in Japan. Also this University has traditional history, many of the students' grades are not only so good but also grow up in a rich family that why admired by many Japanese people.

However, there were sad history at Keio University Hiyoshi Campus. During the period of World War 2, Japanese Navy has moved their headquarter to school buildings at this Campus and completed construction underground headquarter for only one year to prepare air raids by American Military.
The War is over and this campus was taken over by American Military until 1949.



According to a bulliten board in front of this structure, It is said this structure was historic remain from a stone age, but actually this was ventilator which built by Japanese Military that connect to underground headquarter.

This used to be my playground. I was born and raised until ten years old. School site was on my way to elementary school which I belong between my house. The buildings which I shown on this page hasn't changed since back in the days and made me feel nostalgia.




Although this site ain't public place, anyone can go in there. Take a Toyoko line(東横線) from Shibuya(渋谷) station and get off at Hiyoshi(日吉) station. It takes about twenty minutes to get there. When you arrive at Hiyoshi station, you can find a tree lined road. you just take a walk on this street and can see the buildings which I shown on this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment