Oct 28, 2016

Plan to climb Mt.Fuji

If you are interested in climb the Mt.Fuji, you can climb the mountain from the beginning of July to the end of September.
The Easier way to achieve your goal, take the bus from Shinjuku expressway bus terminal which called Busta Shinjuku. Busta Shinjuku opened at JR Shinjuku station, south exit. The bus take you to directly to the fifth station on the Mt.Fuji. The bus ticket fee is 2,700 yen for one way trip.
Before you go to the Mt.Fuji, make sure pack the warm jacket in your backpack which protect from rain or strong wind to avoid to being cold. When you make the summit of the Mt.Fuji, it is said that its temperature is lower than twenty degree celsius in comparison to downtown Tokyo.
Well, I will talk about my experience to climb Mt.Fuji.

***
7:30 pm
The bus departed from Shinjuku bus terminal to Mt.Fuji.

9:30 pm
The bus arrived at fifth station on Mt.Fuji.its elevation is 2,300 meters high.
Go into the rest place which anyone can use. There are vending machine which sells canned hot coffee. The price of canned juice at vending machines are 150 yen. A bit expensive though, I bought canned hot coffee and take relax for a while.

11:10 pm
Started to climb the mountain.

11:40 pm
Arrived at sixth station.its elevation is 2,390 meters high.Walking distance was 1.5 kilometers.
Although I got there in thirty minutes, I felt like it was so long way to walk as if it took one hour.

12:15 am
Arrived at seventh station.its elevation is 2,700 meters high. Walking distance was 1.0 kilometers.

1:30 am
Arrived at eighth station.its elevation is 3,100 meters high. Walking distance was 1.5 kilometers.
During a climbing on my way to get here, I climbed rock face with hold on offering chain. I was a bit tired.


2:30 am
Arrived at Fujisan Hotel (富士山ホテル). its elevation is 3,360 meters high.
No rock face climbing anymore make me comfortable. During a climbing I felt very thirsty. I should have bring some chewing gum or drops.

The price of canned juice at vending machines are 400 yen. When you going up the mountain, the prices are going up too.


4:30am
Finally, I climbed to the top of the Mt. Fuji. its elevation is 3,776 meters high.

After passing through the Fujisan Hotel, there were so many people those who trying to go to the top that oblige me stuck very often. I take it optimistic because walking slowly make me reducing the symptom of altitude sickness.

Everybody waiting for to see the rising sun at the top of the mountain. Fortunately I was able to see the amazing sunrise from sea of clouds.


You can have a meal even if such an early morning. Although they are very expensive.

Hang around for a while. My energy still remaining that try to take a walk around the crater.

7:00 am
Going down the mountain.
On my way back to Fifth station from Summit, I walked down hill with winding shaped path all the way was easy for me. however it was harder than I had thought. I tried to walking with small steps in order to reducing physical consumption.


NOTE:
When you going down the path, you will find some forks. Please make sure take a walk along the yellow colored sigh which takes Yoshida(吉田) trail.(Do not go to Subashiri(須走) trail which indicates red)


10:00 am
Arrived at Fifth station.
I took a rest for a while. There are many shops opening like a restaurant and souvenir shops. Look around there before the bus departs for Shinjuku.


All the best! 


No comments:

Post a Comment