Mar 2, 2019

HongKong's Rampage

Now I came all the way to HongKong, I wanna have the chance to authentic Yumcha which small amount of Chinese cuisine and snacks served on small dishes or in a bamboo baskets are eaten with tea. HongKong is its place of origin.
I raised in Japan, but there's ChinaTown in my hometown. so Yumcha is familiar
to me since I was a child. 

What's the difference between Japanese Yumcha and HongKong's Yumcha? I wonder if a pretty waitress who wearing cute skirt Chinese dress serving foods and drinks on me? Are there any foods that I've never seen in Japan? How many kind of teas do they have? My heart leaped up with expectation.


There's so many Japanese tourist those who thinks the same thing, when it comes to Yumcha, many Yumcha restaurants is presented in the travel guide book which published in Japan. But I didn't want to go to a Yumcha restaurant in the travel guide book. so I wanted to find out a Yumcha restaurant that wasn't in the travel
guide book. Subject to choose its restaurant, you know that it's not in the travel guidebook but bustling with local people. 

A week day lunch time, I went to the business district in central HongKong. Look for a Yumcha restaurant that bustling with many customers for a while. After a little while, I was able to find out ideal Yumcha restaurant. so I went into there.

When I went into a bare appearanced Yumcha restaurant, elderly middle aged man waited on me. I was expecting a pretty waitress wearing cute skirt Chinese dress take my order...
He said what would you like to have a tea? I said I'll have jasmine tea. He said 
we only have oolong tea, no jasmine tea. You only have oolong tea? Don't ask me about drink order! I don't want to perform a comedy with you.

All employees at there were elderly middle aged man. There was no one those who pretty waitress in wearing cute skirt Chinese dress. About the menu? Basically its taste were plain and soggy. Those were unpalatable for typical Japanese just like me. so I leftover some foods.

I beckoned the waiter for the bill. He look around at leftover foods on the table, 
He mumbled something and shook his head.

No matter the Yumcha restaurant are commercialized, I should've go to a Yumcha restaurant that recommended in the travel guide book. I made a big mistake on that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment