Dec 24, 2018

Celebrate New Year's Eve / Zermatt


I spent a New years eve at Zermatt in Switzerland for Snowboarding. I was staying at the accommodation near a train station and had a relax in the room with my room mate. We noticed that outside of the accommodation is very noisy such a late at night. What's the hell is going on out there? Looked out of the window, we surprised to see that many people going out and walk toward the same direction so we have decided to go out and follow them. Finally we arrived at a public square in front of a church. Many of them already got tipsy and set off firecracker but they seems to be waiting for something. Instinctively I understood this place is a New years eve count down celebration site and they are waiting for count down call.

Now, it's time to start countdown call! Everybody scream and shout "Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Happy New Year!" The priest in front of a church set fire to fireworks to the night sky! Everybody throwing their own belongings like a beanie or even the fireworks or empty wine bottles in the air. It's really chaotic in there. I thought Swiss people are shy but they got loud with big bodies. Beautiful blonde women approaching to me one after another, she guys said "Kiss me". I was surprised to hear that because basically Japanese people rarely kissed in public and don't kiss aside from their lover. I didn't have a girl friend that time but felt a bit guilty to kiss with strangers. Anyway, I accepted the offer to kiss and hug at least twenty women.

Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder from behind me. He said that grab the
shoulder in front of you and we got together danced in a circle. Finally the party came to the climax...

A few hours later, the party is over. Everybody left at public square though. Some people lost fainted on the ground with lost consciousness. I guess those people drunk too much or bumped empty wine bottles. Electric ambulance arrived and they were carried by ambulance. Gasoline powered vehicle prohibit by protect the environment.

A lonely feeling made me just wanted to be stay there for a while...
Apparently that was memorable travel experience for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment