Mar 10, 2017

Frozen City

I got on the public bus from the Airport heading to Downtown. Bus driver told me that next stop is the closest place to Downtown. so I got off the bus at there. The bus left and I was alone at the bus stop. I'm standing at the place a little bit apart from Downtown area. There's a park that covered with snow in front of me. I can see the Downtown's buildings across the park.

Calgary, It's really cold out there, Electric bulletin board which installed at outside of the Bank indicates temperature minus 24 degrees celsius though, Local people didn't seems surprised to see that and they works as usual.

When I take a breathe frozen oxygen stuck into my throat, Icicles hung along the buildings or houses and pile of snow which falls several days ago never melts became ice which covered everything in Downtown Calgary.

I wonder the immigrants those who came from south eastern part of China in search of their dreams might considered they should not have came here because the climate in Canada must be too extrem and harsh to them. Do they really adapting the way of life in Canada?

There are abounds with ice skate link in the park and shopping mall. Boys are playing Hockey, Girls are practicing Figure skating.

SkyWalk, which is a type of pedestrian way consists of enclosed bridge between the buildings by avoiding being cold are built every corner of the place in Downtown area.

The steam are rising from the top of the buildings, the steam are rising from Manhole on the ground and are seems to be sucked into the thick cloudy sky. People are acrossing in the Skywalk like a walking in the air. It seems like I'm in a Hollywood's SF movie scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment