May 12, 2017

China Town / Yokohama


Get there:
Take Subway Minato Mirai Line to Motomachi-Chukagai Station, Exit 1.


I think the Highlight of the sightseeing place in Yokohama is China Town.


Yokohama China Town has been a popular for a long time though, where became more popular since built a subway station near China Town and rapidly developed Chinese economy.




There are so many people on holidays, so you had better visit there on weekdays than holidays if possible.


There are China Town everywhere in the world. Aside from China Town in San Francisco bay area, China Town in Yokohama that loved by so many people is very unusual compare to another China Town all over the world.


Why the Yokohama China Town is so popular among Japanese people? I think that because Yokohama China Town has designed by Chinese geomancy. In addition, As my opinion that China Town in foreign countries has established for Chinese people who lives in there. However, Chinese restaurant and souvenir shops in Yokohama China Town has strategy established for Japanese people.


Japanese people likes Chinese food very much because Chinese food is very common in Japan. 


I like Chinese food too that every time I went to foreign countries like America, I often eat at China Town. However, The taste of Chinese food between foreign countries and Japan are definitely different because its taste in foreign countries are tailored to Chinese people. In contrast, Chinese food its taste in Japan are tailored to Japanese people. As a result, I sometimes don't understand its taste when I eat Chinese food in foreign countries.


The food in Yokohama China Town are tailored to Japanese people. I guess  those reason make Japanese people crazy to Yokohama China Town.



No comments:

Post a Comment